Billy Barew’s Beer Bar (Ebisu)
- Established: 1996
- Language available: English
- Menu: English
- Credit card: accepted
Monday – Thursday: 18:00 – 26:00
Friday – Saturday: 18:00 – 28:00
Holidays: Sunday 18:00 – 24:00
- Spend a nice evening in an international friendly atmosphere with a beer on tap or any kind of bottled beer of your taste!
- Discount coupons for special courses are available here (coupons have validation date).
Recommendation of the house
- More than 140 beers from over 35 countries!
- During Happy hour (18:00 - 20:00) all draft beers 200 yen off!
- The atmosphere at Billy Barew’s is quite friendly, with the bar staff staff mostly all speaking English and many of the customers being regulars. Over 10 years the bar has been going apparently, which made me think “Why didn’t I know about this bar before?”
- The bottle menu at BBBB runs to five pages, boasting around 100 bottles. It’s pretty much limited to the large importers – there’s no Japanese craft beer there and no bottles from Nagano Trading or Rogue – but they do have some gems such as Pilsner Urquell, Brooklyn Beer, and Red Hook ESB, as well as Anchor Steam, a number of Samuel Smiths, and a fair few Belgians.
- The staff were great, very chummy but also very professional and quick. I asked the bartender if they had any IPA to which he responded he had never heard of the style, but asked me which were my favorites and what Iiked about them!
- Atmosphere is western, but nice whatever your tastes I think. The service was great, with the waitress being fairly knowledgable about the selection. The beers came in the correct glasses quite quickly. Food was ok by Japanese standards, quite good by US standards.